1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Decorating centre

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by topgirl1, May 13, 2011.

1. topgirl1

topgirl1 Occasional commenter

I am thinking of setting up a decorator's centre in the summer term. I thought the children could paint their own wallpaper, colour mix, roller paint, big brushes, small brushes......

Any more ideas please anyone?
    or does anyone know where I could get suitable signs and labels from-tried ********** but no joy

Many thanks

2. We did this earlier in the year... Ask parents to send in old scraps of wallpaper, paint brushes etc, collect paint colour samples from B & Q, do wellie painting, printing, measuring etc. The children loved it.

3. Hi Topgirl

If you send me an email with what signs, labels & any other resources you need for the roleplay area I can make them up for you.
    Email me info@tpet.co.uk and I can put them up on http://www.tpet.co.uk for you and others to download.

Christina :)

4. Haven't got anythine else to add, but would advise to you to do forum/google search about **********. I really cannot understand why teachers are still using that site!

5. Ditto to the above poster, i had to tell my child's nursery about it all the other when i saw a pile of resources ready to be put up they were horrified!
    What about some sponges or pattern makers for patterned wall paper. Or making textured paper with bits of natural materials or sand/rice?
    Sounds great have fun