1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Decline in Sales

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by labellaroma, Apr 11, 2019.

1. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed a decline in sales recently. My sales these last couple of weeks are way below what I sold the 2 weeks leading up to Easter last year. I upload French and Italian resources and I usually sell very well during the period prior to Easter. However, sadly not this year. I read in one of these threads about the negativity regarding Tes resources on social media and am wondering if this has anything to do with it... What do others think? :(

astarlevels likes this.
  2. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Sorry to hear that @labellaroma - it may not be much consolation, but overall we've seen a good year-on-year increase in the total amount spent on the site in both March and April. We're also seeing more positive sentiment from users and an even greater willingness to recommend the site to others. So the comments from a small number of teachers on Twitter aren't reflective of broader attitudes to the site in the teaching community. But we're always grateful when our authors correct misconceptions on social media!

Michael Shaw
    (Director, Tes Resources)

nwilkin likes this.
  3. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Another thing to consider this year is that the Easter holidays across the UK are more varied than last year. Some schools go back next week while others are only starting their holidays. This means that the expected drop in the activity of teachers on the site during holidays is actually more spread out than normal.

[Richard]

nwilkin likes this.
  4. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Nil desperandum - you are not alone.

labellaroma likes this.
  5. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

For me it has only just quietened down in the last couple of days.

6. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

April was always gonna be a tough one. Not only do we have the Easter Hols, but they are staggered across the country. Also, Easter Day is so late, I expect sales to be pretty poor during the last weekend on the Easter hols (for most teachers) as usually this is the time sales pick up before the new term - will have to see!

labellaroma likes this.