1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Decision time - do I stay or do I go back? Need advice!

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by veggie1, Feb 17, 2011.

1. <font size="2">I have been at my current job since September, coming for a promotion from HOD to HOF. I didn't realise at the time that the woman who did my job previously would still be there, although just 2 days a week. Since then she has returned to 4 days a week. She is very nice but her presence is causing an unintentional undermining and it is becoming very difficult for me. In addition to this the school is just not friendly, each department very competitve with one another and no one mixes - there is no staff culture. As a result at parents' evenings I see members of staff that I haven't seen before. There is a possibility that I could go back to my lovely old school, kids are more challenging but staff are great and it is a fun place to work. However this probably would mean a demotion. I am concerned and am wondering how this would reflect on me in the future. What would this look like? Should I give this school longer - we are only halfway through the year after all. I am confused and do need to make a decision quick. Also if I choose to go back the conversation with the head here is going to be awful! Am after advice, guidelines from anyone! Thanks v much.</font><u></u>

2. <font size="2">I have been at my current job since September, coming for a promotion from HOD to HOF. I didn't realise at the time that the woman who did my job previously would still be there, although just 2 days a week. Since then she has returned to 4 days a week. She is very nice but her presence is causing an unintentional undermining and it is becoming very difficult for me. In addition to this the school is just not friendly, each department very competitve with one another and no one mixes - there is no staff culture. As a result at parents' evenings I see members of staff that I haven't seen before. There is a possibility that I could go back to my lovely old school, kids are more challenging but staff are great and it is a fun place to work. However this probably would mean a demotion. I am concerned and am wondering how this would reflect on me in the future. What would this look like? Should I give this school longer - we are only halfway through the year after all. I am confused and do need to make a decision quick. Also if I choose to go back the conversation with the head here is going to be awful! Am after advice, guidelines from anyone! Thanks v much.</font><u></u>