1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Decent Free/Inexpensive Comic Creators/Animators

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by CalypsoDalma, Apr 25, 2020.

1. CalypsoDalma

CalypsoDalma New commenter

Hi.

Context
    I'm a Functional English teacher but many of my learners are bilingual or do not speak English as their main language. Before the lock down, I registered for QTLS and decided to focus on developing my knowledge and skills of teaching English in an ESL context.

As such, I decided to undertake a voluntary tutoring placement on an ESOL community programme.

Certain aspects of English grammar, such as prepositions can be particularly difficult (and boring) for these students to learn.

Question
    I'd like to make some resources/visual aids that make it easier for them to remember. I want to create comic-style depictions of people (probably a cartoon version of me) on (top) of planes, trains etc and in cars etc.

However, most of the free online sites I've explored don't facilitate this and I don't have the drawing/digital art skills to create them from scratch.

Could anyone recommend a resource that's not too difficult or expensive to use? Thanks!