1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Decent Ancient Egyptian fiction to link with Ancient Civilisation unit?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by 6pd4vjo, Mar 8, 2011.

1. In the fall, our grade 4 (Year 5) children are due to study ancient civilisations, focussing primarily on Ancient Egypt. We are looking for a decent fiction story that is interesting for 9/10 year olds, that also gives some accurate information about that time. I have been handed 'The Mummy Maker' to read/check out, and I'm already gritting my teeth in chapter 1! Does anyone have any other suggestions? In the meantime, I'll keep battling...

2. In the fall, our grade 4 (Year 5) children are due to study ancient civilisations, focussing primarily on Ancient Egypt. We are looking for a decent fiction story that is interesting for 9/10 year olds, that also gives some accurate information about that time. I have been handed 'The Mummy Maker' to read/check out, and I'm already gritting my teeth in chapter 1! Does anyone have any other suggestions? In the meantime, I'll keep battling...

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

4. Thanks for that link - I also found a couple of others which I don't think are on that list:
    The Time-travelling Cat and the Egyptian Goddess
    Princess of Egypt (My Story): An Egyptian Girl's Diary, 1490 BC (My Story)
    Just need to choose now!

5. 'Tales of Ancient Egypt' (£6.99 Penguin ISBN:9780140367164) is an excellent collection, IMO the best around.