1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

December Pay - when will we get it??

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by strawberryfields4eva, Dec 9, 2011.

1. strawberryfields4eva

strawberryfields4eva New commenter

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew when teachers in Bradford LEA will receive their December pays in their banks? As we are paid on the 26th, I am assuming (and hoping!) that we will be paid early, but not sure when this will be. Can anybody help as I don't have payroll's number and office will be closed anyway now for the weekend.
    Thanks.

2. strawberryfields4eva

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew when teachers in Bradford LEA will receive their December pays in their banks? As we are paid on the 26th, I am assuming (and hoping!) that we will be paid early, but not sure when this will be. Can anybody help as I don't have payroll's number and office will be closed anyway now for the weekend.
    Thanks.

3. Why not call the council and ask? I'm sure teachers aren't the only people affected.

4. I believe the 26th is a bank holiday, so what happens when the 26th falls on a weekend normally? IE - November's pay - check your statement for when you got that, if it was on the Friday, (just checked, Boxing day is a Bank Holiday), then you should get paid on the friday....
    If you were paid on the Sat. for November, try looking at June's pay - the 26th of June was a Sunday, so whatever happened then should happen I would guess.
    (Basically, yes you should get paid on Fri 23rd - but phone the council they will be able to tell you def.)

5. strawberryfields4eva

6. I have a feeling that Bradford paid at least a week early last Christmas.