1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Debenhams online

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tartetatin, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Hi. Just wondered if anyone had placed an order recently with Debenhams online ... and did you have any problems with it? I've been charged twice for something, which hasn't even arrived, and their customer service is shockingly bad. Bored, lazy and indifferent staff. I'm on hold as we speak to try and sort it out (you can't email them, which says it all about the level of complaints they must receive) and I've been waiting for aaaages. It's their mistake and it's proving really difficult to speak to someone. The last woman I got was actually incapable of telling me anything. And now my phone is bleeping a low battery warning.
    RAAAARGH!!!

2. Hi. Just wondered if anyone had placed an order recently with Debenhams online ... and did you have any problems with it? I've been charged twice for something, which hasn't even arrived, and their customer service is shockingly bad. Bored, lazy and indifferent staff. I'm on hold as we speak to try and sort it out (you can't email them, which says it all about the level of complaints they must receive) and I've been waiting for aaaages. It's their mistake and it's proving really difficult to speak to someone. The last woman I got was actually incapable of telling me anything. And now my phone is bleeping a low battery warning.
    RAAAARGH!!!

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

My mum ordered some things that got lost and had to be re-despatched. Took a long time (14 days to be officially lost and issue a replacement) but think they were okay on the whole? x

4. Thanks, littlemissraw [​IMG]. I'm so angry right now! I have just wasted a good part of my evening and nothing is sorted. Looks like I'll have to go in store and ask them to sort it out as they are blo.ody useless on the phone. It's so annoying to have wasted money on the calls too.
    [​IMG]

5. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

I know someone who uses them all the time and has only had the odd mishap...it has been dealt with very well, with apologies and refunds.. a little slow but on the whole good polite service.

6. ****.
    My order was missing one item, which showed as available at the time of placing the order.
    They didn't inform me, I dodn't know until i received it, one item short.
    They later sent an order update, which gave a link to use to contact them - the link takes you to an error page.
    Bloody useless, will never use them again.

7. I have always found Debenhams one of the more reliable online companies.

8. I ordered with them on the 27th and still haven't recieved a dispatch email or the items, have been trying to ring but couldn't get through, my mum finally did today and they wouldn't let her know if it had been dispatched due to confidentiality! even though she had my order number etc.