1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Debating Club at KS2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kclehoucka, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Hi - I have been thinking about setting a debating club up at our Junior School, probably for yrs 5&6, but really need some guidance as I'm not sure how to get started! Any advice would be great!
    Thanks
    KC

2. Hi I am running a debating club for Year 5 and 6 and would love some shared ideas. Gerry

3. Hi yes I'd love to hear how your debating club works. Any tips much appreciated.
    ND

4. Hello
    I have been asked to set up a Debate Club for Year 5 pupils and I would be really grateful if you could share some ideas with me.
    VC

5. I'd absolutely love some help with this! I read Social & Political Science at uni and love NOWT more than a good debate! Citizenship is one of the things that gets me most excited about being a teacher. Apathy makes me rage! I haven't taken the plunge and set it up, though, because I just haven't really been confident enough to know how to go about it and what format the sessions would take. I teach Y3 and don't know any of the upper KS2 chn so this scares me a bit, too, you know? Thanks so much for generously offering to share what you've been doing with us x

6. Yes, I think it sounds great. I would love to do this. Any tips would be very welcome.

7. Hello, I would like to set up a debating club in a secondary school. Is there any guidlines that you could email me? Any tips would be great
    thanks

8. Funnily enough, this was one of the clubs I said I would do in my letter of application. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated :)

9. Hi Just looking through posts about debating society. i am really interested in setting one up in my school and wondered if anything came of your 'group' Any tips and ideas grreatly appreciated.

10. This sounds great and I'd love to know the format for the sessions and the resources or inspiration you used. I've been wondering whether to use the thunks as inspiration for class debates but would be interested to know how you do it.

11. Hi, I would really love to find out how you set up your debating club, what topics you have covered and how the children have responded to it. I am wanting to set up a debating club at my school and would really appreciate some guidance in getting started.

12. Hi, I am a NQT just about to start my first practise. I would love to start a debating society and would be really grateful if you could send me some tips and hints about what to include etc and how to set the club up.
    Thank you in advance for your help, CES.

13. Hi

Im thinking about starting a debate club and would love to hear how you set the club up and how you organise your debates.

Thanks

KD