1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Deat Theo - shortlisting advice needed

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by merlin80, May 4, 2011.

1. Hi

I've applied for an International post where the closing date was Monday, midday. They said on their advert that first round interviews would be held next week so I was wondering if, in your opinion, I should have heard something by now?

It's a strange situation in that the school in question are still on their Easter holidays until Monday.

I am impatient and have fingers and toes crossed for good news!!

Thanks

2. Hi

I've applied for an International post where the closing date was Monday, midday. They said on their advert that first round interviews would be held next week so I was wondering if, in your opinion, I should have heard something by now?

It's a strange situation in that the school in question are still on their Easter holidays until Monday.

I am impatient and have fingers and toes crossed for good news!!

Thanks

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Nailbiting time! Horrid having to wait, isn't it? But I think that you are being a bit impatient. I assume that the interviews are in London? I shouldn't give up hope until Saturday evening. Or even Thursday evening - Thursday of next week, I mean! Go and read the interview advice in the Welcome thread while you are waiting. Good luck!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Nailbiting time! Horrid having to wait, isn't it? But I think that you are being a bit impatient. I assume that the interviews are in London? I shouldn't give up hope until Saturday evening. Or even Thursday evening - Thursday of next week, I mean! Go and read the interview advice in the Welcome thread while you are waiting. Good luck!

5. Thanks very much!! I know i'm being impatient - a bad character trait of mine!! I've followed all your advice from the welcome thread so fingers crossed!!
    Yes, the 1st round interviews are in London but I actually live in the country where the job is so I'm not sure how they'll deal with me!

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Interview you Saturday before or Saturday after, I guess.

7. I'll keep you posted if/when I hear anything! The uk interviews are next week, the home country interviews the week after. It would be lovely if they just interviewed me for those ones!!