1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DearTheo: Response to applications.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by 8910rebecca, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Hello,

This is my first post[​IMG]
    Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, I have had a little look and can't see it. I just wanted to know...
    I have applied for two Primary main scale positions. These are my first two applications and I took an eternity to do them. I made sure I did very tailored personal statements to the specifications, executive summaries the whole sha-bang [​IMG]
    I am a student at the moment on the 4 year BA at Man Met. I graduate in July.
    The closing date for both the positions was Friday 10th Feb. I submitted the applications on Monday 6th Feb. I have had aknowledgement of receipt from one of the two schools.
    This week as everyone knows is half term. I was just wondering if you think they will look at them over half term or wait until afterwards to announce the shortlist or announce that they don't want to take my applications further. I know the chance of getting an interview is minimal especially seeing as these are my first applications. But I can't stop thinking about them!!!

Thank you
    xx
    PS: Thanks so much to everyone who posts on here, the advice has been so useful and I am sure will continue to be so during this job hunting time[*]

2. Hello,

This is my first post[​IMG]
    Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, I have had a little look and can't see it. I just wanted to know...
    I have applied for two Primary main scale positions. These are my first two applications and I took an eternity to do them. I made sure I did very tailored personal statements to the specifications, executive summaries the whole sha-bang [​IMG]
    I am a student at the moment on the 4 year BA at Man Met. I graduate in July.
    The closing date for both the positions was Friday 10th Feb. I submitted the applications on Monday 6th Feb. I have had aknowledgement of receipt from one of the two schools.
    This week as everyone knows is half term. I was just wondering if you think they will look at them over half term or wait until afterwards to announce the shortlist or announce that they don't want to take my applications further. I know the chance of getting an interview is minimal especially seeing as these are my first applications. But I can't stop thinking about them!!!

Thank you
    xx
    PS: Thanks so much to everyone who posts on here, the advice has been so useful and I am sure will continue to be so during this job hunting time[*]

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Dear Rebecca
    I don't know, is my answer, and that isn't the least bit helpful, because you are sitting biting your nails and wishing that you knew what is happening.
    Horrid for you, I know!
    My guess, and it is only a guess, is that at least one person will look at them over the holidays, but others will need to look at them too, and they might be busy or in Barbados.
    But I reckon that at the very latest, by Friday 24th Feb you would know if you are being called for interview.
    If the jobs are for after Easter, the interviews will be before 29 Feb, to allow for someone in post to give their notice in on that day. If they are Sept starts, there will be less of a hurry.
    Good luck in your wait!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

4. Thank you for such a speedy reply.

They are for September starts so I suppose I should just wait and see!

Your advice is muchos appreciated!

Rebecca X