1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Tom

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by emily_webster, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Our school lacks a whole-school approach on behaviour. Where do we start? There are systems in place for low-level behaviour but when things escalate there are no real consequences and the children know this. What can I suggest to put this right?

2. Tom_Bennett

Tom_Bennett Occasional commenter

Hi Emily
    Hmm, this sounds like a recipe for a royal disaster. What happens, do people just make it up as they go along? That's no way to encourage good behaviour. You need to have whole-school consistency at the broader levels in order to help kids understand where they stand and how they should behave.
    I advice you to take a look at some of my resources I've posted (just follow the link through my name) where I've posted a sample whole school behaviour policy that is simple and easy to adopt. Amend it to your own needs, of course, and it's a secondary one, so bear that in mind. I've also got a few other bits and pieces downloaded there (like behaviour contracts etc) that might be useful.
    Good luck
    Tom
    Read more from Tom here on his blog, or follow him.