1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by computer2000, Mar 3, 2016.

1. computer2000

computer2000 New commenter

I had difficult year - applying for jobs, not getting them, frustration, parents' complaints, lesson observations - HT not happy etc. I got an offer for another job and feel that rather than just writing the letter of resignation - would like to speak to my HT and apologise for parents' complaints? ask what information will stay on my file? In case in the future I will be applying for jobs and employers might want to contact previous heads etc - I am worried what would stay on my file at my current school - or is it a question to HR? Thank you

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good morning @computer2000 , and congratulations on getting that new job!

Er . . . when is this job for? You do know that in most schools (if not all) you have lost the chance, unless with a fixed-term or maternity post possibly, of resigning now for a start in another school before 1 September? Or if not in a school, before the beginning of the summer holidays?

When can I resign?

Seems a funny thing to do, to be quite honest. And a funny time to do it, too - why not when they complained, if they were justifiable complaints?

You can ask to see that at any time, from HR probably. But you cannot necessarily influence everything that is there.

I'd just stop worrying, if I were you. After all, whatever is there, it hasn't prevented you getting a job now, has it?

Best wishes for the new start