1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by PRHPxo, Feb 21, 2016.

1. PRHPxo

PRHPxo New commenter

I'm an NQT in my second term, who is looking to finish the year in another school. I currently teach in Reception and a post I am interested in is for Y1. I have 1 year experience of teaching in Y1 (teacher training placements) but I'm not sure if i'm likely to get the job.

I've been to visit the school and I really liked it. I'm struggling with how to write my supporting statement.

Any advice?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there and welcome to the forum!

Any advice?

First of all a question - which is the first question that the other school will ask when it sees your application:

Why?

When we've got that answer, we can move on to the rest!

Best wishes

3. PRHPxo

PRHPxo New commenter

I don't feel my current school is giving me enough support, which has led to being told that at this stage I could fail my induction year if I stay at this school.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh dear!

I don't think that another school would be very likely to take you on, in that case! You need to be talking to your mentor and asking for a clear plan for improvement, and start working towards that.

You cannot start at another school after Easter anyway, as the last date for handing in your notice is after next weekend, meaning that you would have to apply, be shortlisted, be interviewed and appointed all by friday . . .

Please talk to your mentor, that is the way forward.

Best wishes

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016