1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Alkeringa, May 24, 2012.

1. I'm a secondary maths NQT looking for my first school -I followed your advice and that of others on this informative posting. I'm a practicing Catholic and would like to teach if possible in a Catholic school and have applied to 14 Catholic High School and not had 1 interview -any ideas why this may be the case?

2. Are you in the North West by any chance? I blame certain universities that are training a ridiculous number of maths teachers this year. I'm an experienced maths teacher applying in the North West and although I'm being short listed, I know that each time there are plenty of applicants not being.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Golly,no, impossible to say without knowing a lot more, and seeing your actual applications.
    So - first advice - e-mail Julia at advice@tes.co.uk - say I said so - and ask about the application review service.
    Also: see if there are any places left on the seminar this Saturday:
    S107. Winning That Teaching Job – Saturday 26th May - Making the best of your application – How to make sure your application gets noticed - How to shine at Interview
    For more information and to register please visit: www.tesweekendworkshop107.eventbrite.co.uk
    This, of course, means paying - most people manage to get the jobs from following, absolutely to the letter - the advice in the Welcomet hread, including the executive summary. But if that hasn't worked for you, then paying may be the way to get a start for the induction year.
    Best wishes