1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by marina_litvaitis, May 14, 2012.

1. I'm working as an NQT at the moment and looking for a job in the other area. I'm not confident on the interviews and get nervious. So far I've got two interviews ahead of me this week and I know I'm very lucky. But I'm not sure if I get that tteaching job and thinking about applying until I finally find a place. I'm just wondering how often can I miss my current job to attend the interviews. (I have not missed my job to look around a school) Thanks a lot in advance!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

As often as they will allow you to!
    But to be practical about this, there are not many days left before the resignation deadline (I wrote dead lion! Oops!), and if you are really helpful, leaving clear and full plans for the day, it normally doesn't cause too many sighs.
    Very best of luck - you've done well to get two interviews!
    Do go to the Welcome thread and read the general advice in the Interview clickables.
    And then read this: * * * * * Teaching a lesson at interview * * * * *
    Do read this thread too :
    Safeguarding and Child Protection - the questions, NOT the answers. (Bump it when you've finished reading it)
    Well done again on getting your interview - we look forward to you starting a brand new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes