1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tjrr, Apr 19, 2012.

1. tjrr

tjrr New commenter

I have a similar problem to the one you responded to earlier.

The council application form requires Supporting information:
    "This section of the form is very important. It gives you an opportunity to explain why you are applying and why you are the best person for this job. Use the job description and person specification as your guide and give specific examples, where possible, to demonstrate how you match the requirements for this post."

They also ask for a "formal letter of application (up to 2 sides of A4) detailing your experience of teaching and learning and the impact your contribution will make in terms of raising standards at our school".

In an earlier post (http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/565115/7371761.aspx) with the same problem you said that we should add an executive summary style response into the box on the application form but I feel it wouldn't actually answer what they're after, especially where it says "? Appropriate teaching & learning methodologies".

I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you in advance

Tina

2. tjrr

tjrr New commenter

I have a similar problem to the one you responded to earlier.

The council application form requires Supporting information:
    "This section of the form is very important. It gives you an opportunity to explain why you are applying and why you are the best person for this job. Use the job description and person specification as your guide and give specific examples, where possible, to demonstrate how you match the requirements for this post."

They also ask for a "formal letter of application (up to 2 sides of A4) detailing your experience of teaching and learning and the impact your contribution will make in terms of raising standards at our school".

In an earlier post (https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/565115/7371761.aspx) with the same problem you said that we should add an executive summary style response into the box on the application form but I feel it wouldn't actually answer what they're after, especially where it says "? Appropriate teaching & learning methodologies".

I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you in advance

Tina

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

My advice stays the same, Tina.
    I suggest that you put your executive summary in there. It is a summary, not a full reply. In your letter of application you can talk in full about your methodologies.
    In your executive summary, your evidence for "Appropriate teaching & learning methodologies" would be something along the lines of:
    Teaching observation graded Good with some elements Outstading Or Successful placement in year 2 of St Gregory's School or if not a student: Four years' successful teaching years 7-13 in Greengrunge School.
    Something along those lines.
    Best wishes

4. tjrr

tjrr New commenter

Thank you, Theo! Sorry, it's been a while. I really appreciate your help
    Best wishes
    Tina

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh, I do like it when I get thanked!
    And I do HATE it when I and other posters go to a lot of trouble to reply, and the OP just reads it (we assume) and then fades away into the night without ever bothering to say a brief thanks.
    So rude! Wouldn't want them teaching in my school . . .
    So very best wishes to you, and fingers crossed