1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rptlondon, Apr 18, 2012.

1. As part of an AHT interview, I am being observed in giving feedback to a teacher after observing their lesson. Any top tips?

2. As part of an AHT interview, I am being observed in giving feedback to a teacher after observing their lesson. Any top tips?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Top tip is to ensure that learning and progress takes place.
    When I give feedback, I first ask the teacher to tell me what they felt were the strengths of the lesson. The trick is to find st least one, hopefully more, good points that they missed or underestimated, so that you can be positive with them.
    Then ask them if they feel there is anything that they could have done slightly differently to improve learning and progress. Again here you are positive - talk about how they have it in their hands to make the changes, talk through with them what steps they could take to make it better for the pupils.
    It's not so much Giving Feedback as working co-operatively with the teacher for the sake of the pupils.
    My other top tip is to look up bus or train times, and pull out all the stops to get to this seminar on Saturday:
    S98. Making the move into Headship or a Senior Leadership Team? - Saturday 21st April - learn all about how the interview structure differs from your experience to date, the common pitfalls, how to make yourself stand out from the crowd and what to expect from the normal 2 day Leadership interview assessment procedure.
    Presented by TES Prime
    For more information and to register please visit: www.tesweekendworkshop98.eventbrite.co.uk
    Best wishes