1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by FilledWithDesire, Apr 11, 2012.

1. FilledWithDesire

FilledWithDesire New commenter

I know you write this out time and time again, believe me I've read them! I'm having no luck with my job applications and it's driving me insane! Anyway I have a job I'm applying for and in the guidance notes it says (and I'm quoting)
    "Supporting information
    This section of the
    form is very important. It gives you an
    opportunity to explain why you are applying and why you are the best person for
    this job. Use the job description and
    person specification as your guide and give specific examples, where possible,
    to demonstrate how you match the requirements for this post. If you do not have
    enough space, please attach a separate sheet.
    Please remember to sign the declaration on the final page
    of the application form.

in addition to the application
    form, please submit a
    formal letter of application (up to 2 sides of A4) detailing your experience of
    teaching and learning and the impact your contribution will make in terms of
    raising standards at our school."

So my question plainly is. What the hell do they want from me?

Thank you!

2. From what I gather you put an executive summary under 'supporting information' and attach your letter of application as normal.

Good Luck! x

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

As Luc says . . .
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes