1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by amy9999, Apr 7, 2012.

1. I have read the frequently asked questions and other threads on the difference between a covering letter, application statement etc.
    However, in my area schools frequently ask for the application form with statement and a covering letter explaining what you can offer and sometimes a CV as well.
    I was wondering if you could.. (or anybody else) let me know the difference if you HAVE to complete both, as I am so far being unsuccessful within the area and although I get plenty of opportunities outside of the area (they ask for one or the other) no luck in my desired area so I must be doing something wrong! I have even tried to write the letter as a statement and put a summary of skills (as shown on other thread) into the application statement!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

2. I have read the frequently asked questions and other threads on the difference between a covering letter, application statement etc.
    However, in my area schools frequently ask for the application form with statement and a covering letter explaining what you can offer and sometimes a CV as well.
    I was wondering if you could.. (or anybody else) let me know the difference if you HAVE to complete both, as I am so far being unsuccessful within the area and although I get plenty of opportunities outside of the area (they ask for one or the other) no luck in my desired area so I must be doing something wrong! I have even tried to write the letter as a statement and put a summary of skills (as shown on other thread) into the application statement!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Golly, that's unusual as maintained schools in England and Wales aren't supposed to do that!
    I suggest that you send what they, incorrectly, call a covering letter (i.e. a letter of application), and then put your executive summary in the space on the form.
    That will work very well.
    Best wishes