1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by bethany2009, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Two weeks ago, a school I went in told me they will now send out reference requests. I haven't heard from them since. Should I contact them to ask if they received the references. What should I do?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

How weird!
    Have they made you an offer subject to references? That's weird too, as they are supposed to take up references before they interview you.
    So, yes, contact them and say that you need to receive a firm written job offer, so that you can withdraw your applications and turn down interviews at other schools.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. No. I haven't been offered a job. But I had a visit to the school and had an informal chat. I applied for the job and the head told me that they are now sending reference requests and will be in touch. I haven't heard from them since.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, you still need to know if you should continue applying for other jobs, and going to interviews - they are not to know whether or not you have other things lined up, so they should let you know the state of play.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

5. Ok. Thank you.