1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Torey, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

Talk to your union and see what they say.

2. Without saying too much ...have spoken to union .... not satisfied. Wondering if its worth going to head office or if there is no case!

3. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

I'd ask at Head Office level. You'd have a stronger case if they had broken the terms of a compromise agreement. As it stands you haven't lost out financially and the Head has rectified his 'mistake'. Once you have the job you could write to HR and the Governors, but the reality is they are probably aware already.

4. Hi Torey, thanks for responding.

There was an agreement that I would see references before they were passed on. That did not happen, I got cc'd in.

5. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

The Govs. are unlikely to take action over what the Head calls an admin mistake.I would leave it.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I would save your effort and stress for bigger battles.
    That is now over and done with - and it won't be done again, you can bet.
    It would also be just too easy for the Head's claim for it to have been a mistake to be proven, or at least for it to be impossible to prove that it wasn't a mistake.
    Water under the bridge. Onward and upward to better things.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

7. Thank you for your kind words.... karma is a wonderful thing :)