1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by clairebobs13, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,
    I was offered three interviews on Monday - yesterday's was only an agency, but they contacted me off a site where I'd posted my CV. Have one I really want on Friday and have already planned my lesson - I always seem to fall down somewhere though.
    Do you have any advice about tackilng behaviour on an interview observation? My behavioural management isn't bad, but on interview day it feels a bit odd, not knowing how 'strict' to be, or the sanction/rewards system Have looked on the site but can't find any information about it.
    Do I go in guns blazing, calm and collected...do I tackle lateness and how? Do I move children if they aren't getting on with their tasks?.........
    Any advice will help.
    Thanks
    P.S. I'm chuffed to little mint balls ;)[​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well, presumably your lesson will be observed, so generally behaviour is less of a problem, and if it isn't and the children misbehave in front of SMT, it might not be an ideal school to work in anyway.
    Definitely <u>not</u> 'all guns blaring' (recipe for disaster that one) and the old 'Firm but fair' would seem to be the way to go. Try to 'catch them 'being good' especially with a child who tries to show off, praise good behaviour consistently to let them know your expectations.
    Lateness unlikely to be a problem as you'll probably be taken to the class and personally I stick with any 'normal' seating arrangements.
    Best of luck with that interview! Fingers crossed.