1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rugby_gal06, Jul 6, 2011.

1. I am currently writing a statement against the PS criteria. The PS has a column saying where the information to fulfil the criteria will be found. Do I completely ignore the ones that just say interview and references (This covers 10 bullet points)? However, if I do, my statement is very short (6 bullet points)!
    Any suggestions?

2. Personally I'd say hedge your bets and cover them, provided it's appropriate to do so. If the spec asks for Sense of Humour - that doesn't really come across well in a letter, but good classroom teacher can be demonstrated through 'I have observed a wide range of classroom management techniques throughout my career to ensure student progression is able to happen.' and they'll be looking for this in the interview lesson too so it confirms what you say in your letter.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

(This post was a double thread - answers given on other thread)
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.