1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by bigpinkcrayon., May 31, 2011.

1. Just wanted to say thank you for the great advice you have given on the forum here.

Of the six applications I have sent off so far, three of them have secured interviews. May I add, that the three that have secured interviews are also the three latest, with which I included an executive summary!

Whilst I haven't managed to secure a job yet, I have been told that making it to interview is an outstanding achievement in itself (beating 200+ applicants in an area where competition is fiercer than fierce). I figure that this is all good experience and that nothing is making me more thick-skinned than being knocked down, picking myself up again and getting on with the next one.

So, thank you. The inspirational stories on here are lovely to read and help give me motivation to keep going! My job is out there somewhere. Don't give up people! :)

2. Just wanted to say thank you for the great advice you have given on the forum here.

Of the six applications I have sent off so far, three of them have secured interviews. May I add, that the three that have secured interviews are also the three latest, with which I included an executive summary!

Whilst I haven't managed to secure a job yet, I have been told that making it to interview is an outstanding achievement in itself (beating 200+ applicants in an area where competition is fiercer than fierce). I figure that this is all good experience and that nothing is making me more thick-skinned than being knocked down, picking myself up again and getting on with the next one.

So, thank you. The inspirational stories on here are lovely to read and help give me motivation to keep going! My job is out there somewhere. Don't give up people! :)

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Thats nice to hear. Wish I had your confidence ATM [​IMG] x

4. Trust me, there are times when I have felt like complete..pants, and I know that I haven't been searching for as long as a lot of people on here.

Keep your chin up, and as cliche as it sounds - something will come along.
    Oh, and are you including an executive summary with your applications? They work.

Best wishes to you.

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I hadn't but will definately be giving it a go for future applications (when some jobs come up! - is there only me who is getting seriously obsessive in checking for new posts? I check at least 3 times a day - I know its ridiculous but I just can't stop doing it).
    Even my reference off TES didn't get me and interview! [​IMG]
    I'm sure you'll get something BPC, I had 9 interviews for my first post so don't let 4 worry you xx

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thank you Big Pink Crayon!
    Typing this at the end of a long, long day, your appreciation is much asppreciated.
    Good luck with the job hunts - hope you are taking to heart the advice in the interview threads, now you've got the application cracked.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.