1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by hol75, May 18, 2011.

1. I am applying for a job in a primary school and have the job specification but in addition to that there is also a list that bascially states that the school expects the post holder to carry out the folowing duties set out in the list eg
    work in close partnership with colleagues in parallel classes,
    work and manage on a day to day basis the assistants and support staff .
    There are twelve duties in all.

Do I include the list as part of the job spec and use each point as part of the executive summary or do I just use the essential points from the job spec? Hope that makes sense!

Thanks

2. I am applying for a job in a primary school and have the job specification but in addition to that there is also a list that bascially states that the school expects the post holder to carry out the folowing duties set out in the list eg
    work in close partnership with colleagues in parallel classes,
    work and manage on a day to day basis the assistants and support staff .
    There are twelve duties in all.

Do I include the list as part of the job spec and use each point as part of the executive summary or do I just use the essential points from the job spec? Hope that makes sense!

Thanks

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Glad to hear that you are tackling the E.S. sensibly!
    For anything like this, you have to prioritise.
    What do you think is more important to the school? What cannot be seen immediately from your application form? (So leave out the bit about QTS if space is tight).
    You can sometimes group two or three things together.
    This could become Work collaborately with parallel teachers, teaching assistants and support staff.
    Good luck!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

4. Thanks for the quick response. I have found this forum especially helpful as I have been a supply teacher for the last 5 years , having taught full time for 12 years before then. I am now trying to get a part time teaching post!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hope you get just the job that you most wish for!Best wishes

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!