1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ichi, May 16, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I have been applying for jobs recently and finally got two interviews this week. One interview is on Tuesday an the other interview has been split into two days. So part part one which was the lesson was today and part two will be on Wednesday. If the school tomorrow accept me do I have to give them a response on the same day? I would like to wait untill Wednesday to hear from the other school so that I can make an informed decision. What is the done thing? I have been teaching for two years now so I am not an Nqt.
    I am I entitled to a day or two to think it over or do I give them an answer straight away?
    Many thanks
    Ichi

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

This is a very common dilemma:
    If offered a job, must I decide instantly?
    No, you are not entitled to any time at all. If you are very lucky, they might give you 24 hours. If . . .
    Sorry not to give you the answer that you wanted! Good luck all this week.

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, although Julia is thinking of organising some more.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!