1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rugby_gal06, May 8, 2011.

1. I am in the process of applying for two jobs - one at maintained primary and one at an indy prep.
    The PS for the maintained school consists of two halfs listed as the role and the person. Do I address the points in each of these within my statement or just focus on the ones for the person? Only a few of them overlap between both sections. I have addressed all so far, but can't help wondering if it was the right thing to do as it is making the statement very long!
    For the indy prep, the school has given me a job description, so I have used their headings in this to show how I would be able to do the job, under the priorities of the post heading you suggest for an application letter. I have put my supply experience under the first heading, but as I am an NQT, I am struggling to think of other achievements relevant to the post. I want to put trips for example, but I was hoping to incorporate this within the extra curricular part!
    Any advice or suggestions?
    Thank you.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Rugby gal. Have you opened the Welcome thread and read the FAQS and the shortlisting clickables in there? They explain how to use an executive summary. This will make it unnecessary to cover every single point in your supporting statement. Just choose the ones that are most important to write about in full in your statement. It is fine by the way to have the same evidence for more than one point in your Exec Summary, when you write one You should aim for max 1 page summary and max 2 pages statement. Good luck!