1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rugby_gal06, May 4, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,
    I would like to tell you about some feedback I have just received on another unsuccesful job application that I submitted last week.
    The head teacher said that my application was very strong and tailored well to meet the needs of the school. However, he then went on to say that none of the applicants who are currently doing supply were considered as it raises a question mark over why there were unable to secure a post at the end of their teacher training. Needless to say I am fuming about this, especially as this was a school I completed a block placement in.
    I finished university in mid June last year and I was writing dissertations and assignments as well as completing my final teaching practice up until the last day. As I knew how important it was to pass each of these to a high standard, this was where my focus to ensure I passed the course, instead of applying for lots of jobs and now I am being penalised for it. I really am at a loss as what I am now meant to do to secure a teaching post if schools are now using "is a supply teacher" as one of their reasons for not shortlisting someone.
    Any advice?

2. Dear Theo,
    I would like to tell you about some feedback I have just received on another unsuccesful job application that I submitted last week.
    The head teacher said that my application was very strong and tailored well to meet the needs of the school. However, he then went on to say that none of the applicants who are currently doing supply were considered as it raises a question mark over why there were unable to secure a post at the end of their teacher training. Needless to say I am fuming about this, especially as this was a school I completed a block placement in.
    I finished university in mid June last year and I was writing dissertations and assignments as well as completing my final teaching practice up until the last day. As I knew how important it was to pass each of these to a high standard, this was where my focus to ensure I passed the course, instead of applying for lots of jobs and now I am being penalised for it. I really am at a loss as what I am now meant to do to secure a teaching post if schools are now using "is a supply teacher" as one of their reasons for not shortlisting someone.
    Any advice?