1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kel_bel22, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hi
    I was wondering if there will be any more job application conferences coming up in the future? Preferably in London?
    I have been a teacher in the UK for the previous four years (as well as four years in Australia). As I did not enroll in a QTS program, my job options are now limited to independent schools. I have tried to apply for several, but have not been successful. I have read and followed tips from your great shortlisting post, but it would seem I need a little more assistance.

2. Hi
    I was wondering if there will be any more job application conferences coming up in the future? Preferably in London?
    I have been a teacher in the UK for the previous four years (as well as four years in Australia). As I did not enroll in a QTS program, my job options are now limited to independent schools. I have tried to apply for several, but have not been successful. I have read and followed tips from your great shortlisting post, but it would seem I need a little more assistance.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

QTS is not a programme- it's Qualified Teacher Status acquired after you've completed your training. So how did you teach for 4 years in the UK? If you've got a PGCE, GTP, B.Ed you're qualified & just need to be registered.

4. Hi Lara,
    I'm an OTT, fully qualified Australian teacher. OTTs must enroll in a QTS program/course within four years to gain it. I may have used the wrong word. Sorry to confuse you.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The organisation of these is done by our fantastic administrator, Julia. You can contact her on advice@tsleducation.com and she'll let you know what's planned when she has the calendar worked out.
    Read this thread, by the way: Dear Theo
    Don't forget that Academies, too, can employ you without QTS if they wish.
    Good luck with the job hunting.
    There is now another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop17.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!