1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo.... Would you complain?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, May 19, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I suggest that you ask yourself two questions.
    1) What would be the aim of a complaint?
    2) Is this achievable?
    If your aim is to get this person unappointed and give yourself another chance, I doubt if it is achievable. If it is to ensure that the school does not ever do that again, then by speaking to the Head, you have probably already achieved this.
    So far you have behaved impeccably, from what you say. I would now turn the page, and start preparing for the next application.
    Best wishes
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.
    The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm not Theo, but I wouldn't have complained. By that stage there is no point.

How was it clear? And what was the 'preferential treatment'? Would it actually have made a difference?

At a recent interview one candidate had much more paperwork than the others. I did as well because I was an internal candidate. The other three were hugely miffed about this, until it transpired that she had the information because she had asked for it. As it happens she also got the post.

3. life2teach

life2teach New commenter

The reason I told the head was so it doesnt happen to any other candidates and I made it clear to the head this is my reason. I wouldn't want to take anyone's job that is not right. IF I was offered the job I wouldnt take. I know it is not the fault of the candidate.

4. life2teach

life2teach New commenter

The reason I told the head was so it doesnt happen to any other
    candidates and I made it clear to the head this is my reason. I dont want to go into the details but it is not as simple as 1 person asking and getting the details. More like all of us not being sent or receiving critical info when asked, coaching taking place...a few things but I cant go into it without making it obvious which I dont want to do.
    Anyway Ive put a line under it and will continue the job search.
    Thanks