1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Worried

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by VelvetChalk, Apr 22, 2012.

1. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

I just reopened my application form for my dream school that I sent in before the holidays. I checked this form over and over again then inserted my name at the top of each page. However I should have checked it again as word inserted a 'page 3chvhss 05/04/2010 -page3-' in the middle of my date gained qts qualifications box. I am really really upset as I made sure everything was perfect or at least thought I had. As its not in my personal statement do you think it will go unoticed? I am desperately worried.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

So annoying for you! Isn't word-processing a pain!
    But absolutely no reason to worry.
    If they notice it, they'll just think: "So annoying for him/her! Isn't word-processing a pain!"
    It won't make an iota of difference, I'm quite sure.
    Best wishes

3. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Not quite the same thing but it might make you feel better...
    My HoD sent a reference for me in which he had mispelled my name throughout. To make matters worse it was both my first name and my surname and they were spelt differently each time (so not even a consistant error - very bad as we teach English).
    I didn't get a copy of the reference until after it had been sent and almost had a fit. I had convinced myself that it would ruin my chances, afterall I must be a very memorable teacher if my HoD can't even remember my name.
    They did call me for interview and one member of the panel made light of it by pointing out that both my names are unusual spellings and that he would be put out if that was his reference but at least my HoD had covered every possible angle.
    I didn't get the job but they realised that mistakes do happen and we are all human.
    Don't torture yourself. If the rest of your application is perfect (and if you have followed Theo's advice it will be) then it won't count against you.