1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- workshops

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by MoscowNights, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Hi Theo
    I notice that you're doing a seminar for those wanting to go into SLT. Are there ever any seminars for people wanting to go into middle leadership? I ask because I have been applying, with no success, for Head of MFL jobs and I suspect that it's lack of any kind of experience that is holding me back (although I have been Head of my subject for 6 years...).
    Any advice gratefully received!
    MoscowNights

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The Moving into SLT seminars are about how to produce an application that shows that you are ready for SLT - or headship if already in SLT - and then articulating this in the interview.
    They are not about preparing you for the role.
    For applications for a HoD role, then the Job Application seminars (offically called, I think, Win That Teaching Job) are the appropriate ones to go for. The advice there will be relevant for classroom teachers and middle-management hopefuls.
    The next one is 14 May.
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    Best wishes
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!