1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - who to address the letter to?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kewlkanga, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,
    I am writing an application but have a dilemma. The pack sent to me is signed by the executive headteacher/director, do I address the letter to the excutive headteacher or headteacher.

Thanks

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Personally I would address it to the executive Head if they sent it to you. Recently had to do this with an application as they had an Acting Head who was then on maternity leave and they had a temporary Head.
    But see what Theo says, he is the expert after all.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Is the Executive Headteacher/Director just one person? And the Headteacher another? It's one of those schools that is in a wotsit - sort of a wedding - joined up with another? Confederation, that's the word! Is it one of those?
    In which case you address the letter thus:
    T Griff Esq
    Executive Headteacher/Director
    Grungy Green School
    And you start the letter:
    Dear Mr Griff
    and finish it: Yours sincerely.
    Not Yours truly. Not Yours Sincerely with 2 capitals.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars