1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, Which school to put as "Present/most recent post"?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Mar 2, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hi there Ronnie!
    Here's my solution.
    For current employer,write: Supply at various schools, including and put the one that you will use as a referee plus another that they will like. By this I mean has a good local reputation,or is similar to school you are applying to. Or both!
    You'll need to ask about giving the new Head as a referee.If s/he says no, I'm afraid that you'll have to give the agency which is a big pity.
    However, whichever you give of these 2, add a short paragraph in your letter thus: I have given Agency X as my first reference. However if you would wish for a reference from a Headteacher who knows my work well, Mr Theo Griff of Grungy Green School (give full contact details here) is very happy to write in my support.
    OR if you can get new Head, the you write: I have given Mr John Smith of New Cross School as my first reference. I have worked there for a short space of time only, however, so if you would wish for a reference from a Headteacher who knows my work well, Mr Theo Griff of Grungy Green School (give full contact details here) is very happy to write in my support.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

2. RonnieTheRedPanda

RonnieTheRedPanda New commenter

Thank you so much for your advice Theo. The application is in the post - fingers crossed!
    kind regards

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

My fingers are crossed too - and I love your avatar picture!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com