1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear theo - where do I stand on missing school time to visit other schools?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, May 1, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Tip: Safari (that means Apple), Google Chrome and Android (that means most tablets) don't accept paragraphs unless you type in .
    Q1 Depends entirely on your Head, who has the right to refuse. PPA seems more acceptable as s/he wouldn't have any supply costs
    Q2 no, if you are allowed off, it is usually paid. You may have to keep that up your sleeve, and when s/he says No, then offer to go unpaid.
    Q3 You would need to show that you had made good arrangements for the stuff to be communicated to you
    Q4 School visits
    Q5 Yes, just mention previous visit, say currently unable to come etc.
    Best wishes

2. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

Thanks for the advice. I have tried to put paragraphs in to this post, will be interested to see if it works...

Asked today and am allowed to miss the next 2 staff meetings, have arranged for my yr grp partner to feedback to me. Head was really nice actually, went in to ask fully expecting to have to argue my case and I just mentioned a school visit and she said "oh of course, you must go and see if it's right for you, which school is it" etc etc.

I have emailed all schools I'm interested in saying I'm in post and can't get time off, do they offer after school visits, if not can I apply without a visit and see the school at interview if I get that far. I totally agree its unfair not to consider people who haven't visited for all the reasons given in that other post but it seems to be happening so I guess it's a case of playing the game!

Thanks again!

3. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

Ooh paragraphs worked!!!!! Theo you're a genius!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I know, I know!

Just wish Mrs TG accepted that.

:-(

Posted from my Galaxy Tab