I have applied for an internal position as Assistant Headteacher. There is one other candidate who does not have a TLR. I currently hold a TLR and am on UPS3 so the difference between Assistant Head and my present salary is £67. If I got the job, I believe I have 3 options: 1) relinquish existing TLR and responsibilities and assume Ass HT role 2) retain TLR responsibilties without payment (Head has indicated he would want me to continue the TLR role if I got Ass HT) and request Ass HT job description changed to encompass TLR responsibilities and maybe remove others to compensate 3) carry out Ass HT role and old TLR role and request increase in starting point to compensate for additional responsibility. If the school would want me to carry out Ass HT role and old TLR role without compromise of options 2 or 3, I wouldn't want the job because I don't think an increase of £67 and the impact on work/life balance would be worth it. Hope you're with me so far! I want to be fair to the school so when is the best time to let them know what I'm thinking? When they ask am I still a firm candidate? or wait until I'm offered the job? (if I am). Also, how should I tell them? Thank you!