1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- what's the point anymore :(?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Nov 9, 2011.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

[​IMG]
    Maybe, but if I ever had/have an interview, I always much things up.
    Haha to your last post. I'm not sure how to quote multiple posts(Not an ICT teacher, also had to teach this at some point too.
    Just not sure if I can do this anymore. I don' t seem to be able to get ANY job <u>atm</u>[​IMG]
    [​IMG]. You deserve it!

2. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Hi Welsh
    I've probably missed something but why is it you've been looking for five years? You've done you NQT year haven't you?
    x

3. welshchocoholic1

Hi bager girl.
    Yeah have passed my NQT - thankfully! Bit of a long story. Was at a school initially for 3 months, which turned out to be 2 and a half years, temporary contract. I then had a minor operation, but then became quite ill after that, being rushed into hospital couple of time etc, temporary contract was ending and lots of bad luck on top. So then had to go and live with parents before I became well enough to walk let alone do a job, but still applying for jobs! Family are medical. I then had a long term cover there in a primary which was amazing, whilst applying for jobs at the same time. I am secondary trained, but want to do primary, so know it's much harder. I have also been applying for secondary jobs though. I have had interviews in the past, but get so nervous no matter how much I prepare that I always muck it up in the end. Hope this as answered your question Badger Girl x

4. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

You have had such a rotten run of luck, I am sorry and also sorry if it came across as if I was interrogating you - I didn't mean it that way but reading it back it sounds like that, sorry!
    Don't give up though that is the main thing, you have loads to offer from the sounds of things x

5. welshchocoholic1

Don' t worry - it's fine[​IMG]! Know it can be a little bit confusing. Just haven't gone into it in too much detail as it's a VERY long story!
    I am going to give it one last go (again[​IMG]) x