1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo..what to wear on a preinterview visit to a school?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by pastychucker, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Any thoughts?
    I'm torn betweeen a suit and something smart that I usually wear while teaching - a smart jumper and blouse and trousers.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

What about blouse, smart trousers with your jacket from the suit? Then you can still wear the suit fr the formal interview with a different blouse.

3. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

Is this a pre application visit, or have you been invited to interview already?
    I always went smartish, ie what I'd normally wear to teach in. Trousers/skirt with a tshirt and cardigan usually, or a smart dress (obv nothing too short). I did go to a few in a skirt and shirt or suit dress but most other people were dressed far more casually so I stopped bothering to dress up particularly, esp given that most of them were group viewings where the head had no idea who was who!
    If you've already been invited to interview perhaps go a little smarter.

4. Something revealing. [​IMG]

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Something that reveals your professionalism. What you would wear for the actual interview.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars