1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, What to do?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by whirrlygig, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,

I am currently on maternity leave and applying for a new job in September. My problem is that my head teacher was only at school for 6 weeks before I left and has told me to use the previous acting head for my reference.

I have read various posts regarding this and know about the 'Safer Recruitment Statutory Guidance' so do I put my current head because that is what I'm supposed to do or just stick with the acting head as suggested?

I have explained this to the head of the school I am applying to just so he didn't think it looked dodgy and he is fine with it.

Really want this post, I've followed all your tips so far and don't want to get anything wrong.

Thanks.

2. Thanks for the advice. Acting head is still at school as Deputy, so will write my reference. In future I will just put my head and she can deal it out to the deputy as is the norm.

Hugs for baby gratefully received.