1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, what happens to your personal information if you don't get the job?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by daisyhorse, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Thanks Theo and Middlemarch, but why not do as 2 previous schools did and just check the info while I was there and ticked off that they had seen it? Surely that's what could be filed and not the copies of the records, certificates etc.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Not actual proof.
    Do you not remember about 12 years ago that some nuclear power station, it turned out that the 3-hourly checks were being "forged" by the supervisors? i.e. they just ticked without actually checking.
    The moment I read that I put it on our SLT agenda: How do we know that people do what they say they do?
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

3. I have applied for posts in 4 different LA, and it seems that the LA directions differ a lot in this respect. I was told, when photocopies of my details were taken, that they would be shredded immediately if I was offered the job. I guess we have to rely on that... And they said, sometimes somebody who lives a long distance away might be appointed, so it would be difficult for them to return just to present their documents for CRB purposes etc. That sort of made sense to me - but I don't really like having all my information photocopied either. I certainly don't understand why it seems necessary in one LA and not in another.

4. sorry I meant to say they would shred my photocopies if I was NOT offered the job, of course :)

5. Thanks Theo.

6. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

When I went for my current job they made all 3 interviewees fill in a CRB form and saw (poss took photocopies?) of all the necessary documents. We were told it was so the successful applicant's CRB could be sent off that day, and they wouldn't have to get us back in to the school to show docs etc again.