1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo... What happens next?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by limelion, May 23, 2012.

  1. Firstly, I want to say thanks. I have been following your advice and I believe it really helped me to get shortlisted - especially by using the executive summary.
    So after 5 interviews I got offered a 1 year contract. I have accepted their offer in writing but I was wondering what the next step is. The head said that the school business manager is off sick and when she returns she will ask for all the relevant documents.
    The head still hasn't decided on what year to put me in, it is a choice of 2. Would it be impolite to contact her to see if a decision has been made?
    Also I would love to spend some time in the school perhaps observing the current teacher and the general routine (when I know the year group), would it be acceptable to ask for this?

    Many thanks.
  2. Sillow

    Sillow Lead commenter

    Firstly, well done for getting the job!
    My new HT hasn't decided on my year group next, either, but I am willing to go with the flow. I don't want to contact her to ask, as I know she'll be in touch once it's been decided. It's probably not rude to ask, but if you were told they would be in touch again, I would have faith. We'll just have to wait it out!
    Your new school would probably love to have you in for a day before the end of term. My new HT will be organising that with my current HT for next half-term. I would make sure you mention this to your new HT, if they don't first, when they let you know the year group.
    As for what to do next...check out this thread.

  3. Thanks, I think i'm just a little eager as an NQT and want to feel prepared.

Share This Page