1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- What EXACTLY am I supposed to put in the medical form bit?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lilybett, Oct 29, 2011.

1. I was so scared that if it came to light I'd hidden anything, I'd be in trouble. So I 'fessed up to having been on sleeping pills and anti-depressants (framed it as 'following a bereavement', which isn't entirely a lie). I was terrified I'd be deemed unstable and sure enough, someone from HR phoned up to discuss it. The conversation basically went:
    Her: Are you all right now?
    Me: Yes.
    Her: Okay, great!
    So... I don't think they're that fussed, just covering their *** by asking [​IMG] xx

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That's just the right approach. Be open and then make the most of how having overcome your difficulties you have a range of strategies to enable you to cope to pressure etc. etc.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No problem. Something along these lines:
    No absences in last 12 months. Previously, minor operation and post-operative care for condition now completely cured.
    Now the problem may be that this cannot be fitted into the space they give you - if so, is there anywhere else that you could put it?
    The main point is that you are not still unwell - the Head has a legal obligation to ensure that you are "fit for teaching".
    Best wishes - ask as much as you want!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Thank you for all your help yet again[​IMG]! Hope you are recovering from your operation Lara. Haha Lilybett - wasn' t going to cover it, was just not sure how to word it etc, although would be nice if I didn' t have to write it at all- never mind! Glad things are now sorted for you Lilybett.
    Thanks Theo yet again[​IMG]!