1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, what does "N.O.R" mean on an app form?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by igiveitallivegot, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Dear Theo

I have got a teaching application form to fill in and there is a column headed "N.O.R" under details of my current post - what do I fill in there?

Thank you in advance of your answer!

2. Dear Theo

I have got a teaching application form to fill in and there is a column headed "N.O.R" under details of my current post - what do I fill in there?

Thank you in advance of your answer!

3. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

Number on roll [​IMG]

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, they just want to know what size of school it is. Makes a difference if you are Head of maths for a school of 125 or 1,250!
    Best of luck with the application.

5. Thank you from me too! It's stressful moments when you're filling in job applications that suddenly it seems like there can be no possible explanation for something as simple as that. Haha. Thank you! Simple answer, to the point, just what I needed!

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Welcome to JobSeekers, IV. Hope you're reading carefully all the advice in the Welcome thread. Best wishes.

7. I am filling out an application form and have come across 'group size'. Does it mean that they want to know on average the group size of a class that i currently teach?

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Possibly, yet unlikely . . . more likely asking whether the school is in Group 2, 4 or 5, etc. I can't really tell without seeing the context.

Used to be used for calculating SLT pay. Nowadays with individual pay policies in schools less used.

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.