1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Skye99, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Hi Theo,
    I think the job hunting has got to me and i'm starting to obsess, i'm trying desperately to read between the lines now. I recently submitted an application and the response was, that they had decided to readvertise to get a better range of applicants but they would reconsider me at that time. SO:
    - My first thought is: does this simple mean they got only a few applicants and none of us were exactly what they were looking for and they're just being polite?
    - Is there anything i can do to reinforce my application or would this be a waste of both of our time?
    - Therefore should i just give up and move on to being fixated on the next application? LOL
    Thanks
    S

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Replying to another thread has just reminded me there's one particular school which I've applied to at least 5 times over the years & the last time I did 'score' an interview. Mind you they decided not to appoint & I got the impression the interview panel were split on who to appoint, so it's definitely worth a try.

3. I've now submitted an E.S to support my application, but not holding out much hope...

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If they say Previous applicants need not reapply that could mean that they would automatically be re-considered without having to re-submit an application.
    If they tell yoi that you may, then improve your application if you can, and re-apply.
    They may re-advertise because they didn´t get enough applicants (sounds unlikely nowadays), or because none of them matched the idealised person that they have in mind, so they are casting their net out again.
    If the second go doesn´t bring in the miracle worker they are looking for, they will start re-considering their hopes.
    So you could still have a chance.
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

5. Thanks Theo,
    I'll still keep my fingers crossed then, today i got shortlised for a different job so feeling all hopeful again!
    Wish me luck.
    :)S

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Wishing you MASSES of luck!
    Go to the Welcome thread, open the Interview clickables and read the advice there foe preparing.
    And get ready to start a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!