1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: what do they ACTUALLY want to see in an application?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by growlywench, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,
    What do recruiters <u>actually</u> want to see in a letter of application/personal statement?
    And what's an executive summary and how do I use it? I was reading one the other posts and saw this referred to and got even more confused!
    (Not that it's particularly relevant, I'm one of the hoards of Secondary PGCErs who qualified in 2010 and have yet to be able to get a job [​IMG]. Past career clearly a disadvantage than an advantage!)
    Thanks.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The links that Lara gave should give you a lot of the info that you need. However if youare very serious about your applications and want full advice and practical exercises on application writing and executive summaries then you should sign up to come along on Saturday 14 May at the TES HQ n central London where we will be dealing very thoroughly with all this. Best wishes

4. I have, thanks! I must have been disrupted whilst looking and not got as far as the Exec Summary explanation, but my original question still stands.

5. Thanks Theo, whilst I'd love to do just that, the cost of the train to London from the frozen North is out of my limited budget at the moment.