1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo; What CPD should I say I need as an NQT

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon1127, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Well I would think along the lines of what would be an essential part of the job for this year group, and then consider what experience I have had or not of those requirements.

For instance, if I were interviewing for a reception post I might have answered that, as I have not yet had the opportunity to do profile data, I would appreciate support through attending a course that deals with it.

I think if you can be reflective upon where you have come from, and where you want to go to, to justify your response you should not feel like your response will go against you.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well I have a good idea here! Just came to me as I was reading yojr post and thinking about your needs.

Of course your main need is to consolidate your teaching skills. And so I remembered my friend and colleague Sara Bubb. If you go to Amazon and searcb her name you'll see she has written several books for NQTs. But the good thing is tbat she does a TES seminar called How to be Outztanding. It gets really good re iews from people who have been on it, and is on a Saturxay so you don't upset yojr teacbong routine and the scbool bas no supply costs. I tbink every NQT sbould try to go on it!

Posted from my Galaxy Tab