1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- Waiting for an interview phone call

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by torontostar, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,

A few weeks ago, I was called to an interview for a post I had applied for. I had to decline due to having another interview on the same day.
    However, last week, the other school called me up and asked if I was still interested in the post. I said I was, so they asked me to come in to have a discussion with the Head. On Friday, they called back and asked me to prepare and teach an interview lesson and told me I would be having formal interview/student panel interview.
    I had my interview yesterday. I felt that I put in a solid performance and felt that I 'connected' with the Head in terms of her aims/values/ethos for the school. The student panel phase was quite strange; the school alloted 25 mins for this and they had asked/I had answered all questions after 10. So, I asked the students more about themselves, what they liked about the school, how they enjoyed learning, what hobbies they had etc. They were really lovely kids.
    The school had appointed someone, but that person had to withdraw for personal reasons. So, they called me in. I was the only candidate they called in for interview. We talked in detail about what I would be teaching if I got the post, where the resources were etc.
    After the formal interview, the Head said they they don't give a time when they would call me and that they need to talk. The Head of Faculty was very nice and seemed like someone I would get on well with. He said that they told some time after the last round of interviews but that this should not take so long.
    I'm very nervous and tense, as I have no idea what is going on.

2. Sounds like you're going to be called at some point today with a job offer!!
    Unless a) you really did something terrible on your interview day (I doubt it!)
    or b) the school is seriously strapped for cash and very suddenly decide they can manage without paying another teacher wage, i.e. getting a cover supervisor or unqualified teacher in instead (again, I doubt it).
    Look forward to seeing your 'I got the job post'!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

So, you were the only candidate shortlisted for the post on the second round.
    You have a pretty good chance of getting the job!
    Nail biting time for you, though.

I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.