1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Using Exec Summary for non-teaching job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Apr 17, 2012.

1. May I ask where the ES idea came from. I'm currently applying for a non-teaching post (as well as teaching) and was thinking of using an ES for this post.
    All this form filling is making my eyeballs bleed I am staring at this damn screen so much.
    Never mind ASDA to look forward to at 06.00

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

The ES is, I believe, Theo's own very personal invention.
    The idea of matching one's capabilities to the Job Spec is an easily readable format couldn't hurt for any job though, in my opinion.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Exactly, Lara.
    For both points!
    So off you go, Supply Slave and start doing another one. . .[​IMG]
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I've used it in all my job applications. The Uni job I applied for over here required (a ridiculously long) one but other posts have been impressed by the use of it. Makes life far easier. Go for it. Will keep our fingers crossed for you x x