1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo-unemployed - how to answer this one...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Feb 4, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You've Got To Be In It To Win It.
    If you don't apply you will certainly not be appointed.
    If you are really keen to get a job you will
    (a) get details of all possible jobs - set up Job Alerts
    (b) actually apply for suitable ones
    (c) use all my tips and advice. Summary here in case you have forgotten it:
    Thinking of going for a new post. Should the app form be submitted in blocks?
    And don't forget this:
    Dear Theo- work history too bitty and too much supply- help!
    As for your question, you just put N/A in those spaces. After all, there will be others, such as PGCE students, who will do that too, and the school knbows that there are unemployed teachers out there, some of whom by the law of averages are bound to be excellent teachers.
    Yes, you do, if you are serious about being a teacher.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

2. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

thanks for you reply Theo - I know i have to keep going, but if you, or anyone, can make any suggestions about how to answer the bit in the quote above I would appreciate it.

3. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

you'd just have to put n/a in it ... if it helps I have never been unemployed and I'm not sure I'd have the patience to bother filling it in so it might help as probably lots of teachers in posts will think "can't be bothered!" x

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Don't know what Theo would think of this suggestion, but could you somehow indicate that although currently not in post at your last post results were. . . You could actually prove your result whereas others will only have projected figures.
    Just a suggestion.

5. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I think it would want results of the GCSEs/A levels sat in summer 2011 rather than the ones about to be sat in 2012. x

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Fair enough. Still wouldn't preclude putting one's previous results though.

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I did answer that in my reply to you.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com