1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - typing application forms

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Jenerena, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Hi Theo,
    I'm currently filling in an LEA application form for a job however the form is fairly limiting as it does not provide adequate space/rows for all my previous employment and qualifications. It easily allows me to add extra rows and expand the boxes, but this is often messy and I end up having to space everything out on the form so titles aren't left hanging at the end of pages. So bottom line is:
    1) Is it appropriate to expand application forms in this fashion. After all, it might seem fragmented to have all the information spread over the form/extra sheets.
    2) If not, do I attach a separate sheet with a similar table to expand?
    3) The form had about 3/4 of a page for additional information. Shall I just hinge the executive summary onto the letter of application and put some key bullet points in the additional info section (note this section does not mention including extra qualifications/education etc)
    Many thanks

2. Hi Theo,
    I'm currently filling in an LEA application form for a job however the form is fairly limiting as it does not provide adequate space/rows for all my previous employment and qualifications. It easily allows me to add extra rows and expand the boxes, but this is often messy and I end up having to space everything out on the form so titles aren't left hanging at the end of pages. So bottom line is:
    1) Is it appropriate to expand application forms in this fashion. After all, it might seem fragmented to have all the information spread over the form/extra sheets.
    2) If not, do I attach a separate sheet with a similar table to expand?
    3) The form had about 3/4 of a page for additional information. Shall I just hinge the executive summary onto the letter of application and put some key bullet points in the additional info section (note this section does not mention including extra qualifications/education etc)
    Many thanks

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Q1 I think that you do your best with their form, rather than attaching extra bits. They will understand.
    Q2 Better not, I think
    Q3 If you could cut down your summary and put it here, it would be good. Otherwise, as you suggest.
    I assume that you are going to sign up for the One Standard Form That Actually Works if the different Local Authorities ever get their act together!
    Best wishes

4. Thank you Theo,
    Also, if anyone else is reading this, am I being a bit dense saying that this makes no sense at all?
    For Full Time posts:I am applying for Job Share/Part-Time (please delete as appropriate)
    Jen

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

For Full Time posts:<strike>I am applying for Job Share/Part-Time</strike> (please delete as appropriate)[
    Best wishes